Various activities and information about culture, towns and cities, the natural world and wellness for tourists are being provided for visitors to ITB Berlin, to acquaint them with the diversity of Thuringia as a travel destination.
The Wartburg castle in Eisenach and the Krämer bridge in Erfurt as well as a reconstruction of the scenery of the Dragon Gorge near the Rennsteig trail and the 100th anniversary of the Bauhaus – Thuringia is using large-scale panoramic projections to promote its attractions. The fifth thematic island is devoted to the subject of music. In 2020 the German state is celebrating its musical history and all the important people and places associated with it under the slogan “Let’s hear it in Thuringia. Thuringia Music Land 2020“. So-called sound showers and a gallery of virtual images of the Thuringian musical landscape will provide a musical and visual highlight. Among the features that visitors will be able to hear, and see too, with the aid of virtual reality glasses, are excerpts from the Thuringian Bach Weeks, the ACHAVA Festival, the KulturArena, a recording of a concert by Clueso, and videos of the SunMoonStars electronic music festival and of the Thuringian rapper Doppel-U.
And all this will be accompanied by panoramic projections giving glimpses into the Bach House in Eisenach, the Kulturarena in Jena and the Staatskapelle Weimar performing at the German National Theatre. Throughout the fair the Thuringian chef at Landgrafen Jena, Daniel Reichel, and his team will be offering trade visitors some of the delights of Thuringian cuisine. The menu will include beef roll with little Thuringian dumplings, a selection of Thuringian sausage and cheese specialities, and also Thuringian tray-baked cakes.
Dates and times of the activities on the Thuringia stand
- 06.03.2019, 10 a.m. – 12 midday: Visit by the Minister-President of Thuringia, Bodo Ramelow
- 06.03.2019, 2 – 3 p.m.: Investors’ discussion about the Thuringian Lake in the Media Lounge
- 06.03.2019, 3 – 4 p.m.: Meeting of the D-A-CH-KG (Germany, Austria, Switzerland Group)
- 06.03.2019, 4 p.m.: Get-together
- 07.03.2019, 9.45-10.45 a.m.: Joint press conference by the states of Thuringia, Saxony and Saxony-Anhalt in the Funkturm Lounge
- 07.03.2019, 12.30 p.m.: Visit by the Minister of Economics of Thuringia, Wolfgang Tiefensee
- 09. and 10.3.2019: Bauhaus presentation of the fashion theatre “Gnadenlos Schick” – colours, shapes and humour, textiles and music
Hall 11.2, Stand 103